Monday, April 4, 2011

May the Beast Men Win

I noticed today that there is an election this year in my country. It occurred to me that some of my readers might not know very much about Canadian politics, so I thought I'd devote this blog to a short description of my country's system.

Canada has three main political parties, the Elks, the Saskwatches, and the Abominable Snowmen, as well as numerous fringe parties, like the Water Buffaloes. They may differ on superficial issues, like how to spend tax money, but they are all agreed on putting an end to hunting season. After an election, the winning party gets to sit on the side of the giant log cabin closest to the washrooms. With their superior numbers, as they legislate, they may drown out the opposition with an overwhelming chorus of animal noise, which, if loud enough, may affect the migratory patterns of the herds in the surrounding forest. This carries on for four or five years until the next election. It's real democracy, letting voters be ruled by unpopular leaders only until they can be replaced by new unpopular leaders.

More Scripts Songs Statements

© 2011. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment