Monday, May 30, 2011

Title: Whatever Doesn't Offend

I saw an article in the paper today showing how Boston Pizza, in order to stay in business while the Vancouver Canucks compete with the Boston Bruins for the Stanley Cup, have changed their name from Boston Pizza to Vancouver Pizza. It's a wimpy move, but an understandable one.

Business often has no choice but to wimp out. Things like this come up and they have to 'adapt.' It's like they can't afford to have integrity - another beef I have with the money system.

I'll tell you straight up now that I support the home town team in this competition. Everyone knows I've had a rough time out here, but it's not the town's fault. I'm not the greatest hockey fan in the world, but I still know the words to their song about 'root-toot-toot for the home team ... if they don't win it's a shame' - one of Stompin' Tom's finest compositions. And I agree with his lyrics one hundred percent.

To the kid who said I should leave town if I don't like it, well, even if I wanted to, that costs money and, well, everyone knows what happened to all my money. Besides that, you little brat, I've been living here since long before you were born.

I've said lots of nice things about Vancouver here. Just go back and take a look. I'd rather not repeat myself if I can avoid it.

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2011. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment