Friday, May 13, 2011

Two Much

For those of you wondering about my under-eye circles, they are the result of a childhood injury.

When I was a boy, before the advent of ergonomic design, I tripped in my living room and caught my right eye in the corner of the coffee table. A couple days later, I was about to fall and reached for a broom handle for support. My hands slipped and I was poked in the left eye. The next week, I was hanging up my coat when I fell forward, face first, into the coat hook, poking my right eye. I mixed myself a cup of Nestle Quik to help me feel better, but I left the spoon in and jabbed myself in the left eye as I brought the cup to my lips. The week after that, I had just finished putting the candles in my nephew's cake for his second birthday when I fell forward, face first, into the cake. Luckily the candles weren't lit. The following month I fell, face first, down the stairs. I hit the edge of the first step with my right eye, then I nailed my left eye on the next step, then...

Why am I not blind? Because my eyes are tough. They may be unsightly, but they are fast healers.

More Scripts Songs Statements

© 2011. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment